DIY/ Zip Front Jumper
Hi there! Sorry for not having been there for quite a long time, the cold winter days get me finally down! So, I’m back for now with a new DIY project I realized for annabelle Fashion Daily.
Did you guys already see the next Fall collection by Philip Lim 3.1? Nope? Then you should to. I’m totally addicted with its multi zip sweater. Here my (soft) alternative:
DIY sweater, The Kooples pants
What do you need?
- as usual thread, needles, scissors and a meter roll
- 2 zips (around 15 cm long)
- 1 basic jumper
- a sewing machine
1. Lay the jumper on the floor and define where you’d like to apply the zippers (I’ve sew them around 12 cm from the side hem).
2. Upside down the zippers and maintain with needles along the right and left sides, as on the picture:
Start on the right side first/
3. Choose the right stitching program and sew along the line,
Stitch the zipper’s extremities on the inside and finish the work.
4. Then cut the material along the left side of the zipper and cut a small notch on the top:
5. Turn the zipper upside-down and adjust the other side with the rest of the material with needles.
6. Stitch all around the zipper with the sew machine.
Here is what you should get:
7. Finish by hand the work and cut the threads… and keep on the process to realize the left part of the sweater.
Finally don’t forget to iron the sweater, particularly on the zips.
So, we’re done! Can’t be more happier with the result… What do you think? Next time I think I’ll be able to post the outfit, let’s see.
I hope you liked the DIY, have a great day!
Tags: Anleitung, fashion DIY, jumper, Philip Lim 3.1, Style Reload, sweater, zip